The uptick in America of Jew-hatred is no longer up for debate, nor can it be relegated to the so-called feverish imaginations of countless who point it out. Not at all.
And it is also the case that the brazen surge in violent crime targeted towards the Jewish community is now considered ho-hum — most of which is coming from the left and their Islamic comrades a.k.a. the red-green alliance — and is the “remaining acceptable bias, prejudice within polite societal discourse.”
With all that established, this is not the time for hand-wringing, nor is it the time for burying one’s head in the sand. Playing possum. Rather, it is the time for standing strong and proud; building new alliances; discarding the political/media/academia/cultural-fed tropes, and, most intrinsically, gearing up (as one would for battle) for a volte face! Jewish communal leaders in America, cowards that you are, are you listening??
In this regard, to all people of conscience, let the following be considered as an immediate “CALL TO ACTION“: yes, the authentically JEWISH (and with Christian friends, if so inclined) way forward!!
• To send this plan to a friend, family member, rabbi, or community leader, highlight the URL above, copy, and paste it into an email.
• To comment publicly and tell us what you think, go to our Facebook page and give your feedback.
• If you would rather comment privately and directly, you can email us at email@example.com .
New Strategies for Jewish Leaders in a Time of Surging Jew-Hatred
The Need for a National Jewish Discussion
Years of neglect and misguided policies by mainstream Jewish leaders have failed to stem the shocking surge of Jew-hatred in America.
Practically every Jewish institution now needs significant security. Jews have been murdered in Pittsburgh, San Diego and Jersey City, beaten on the streets of Brooklyn, bullied and harassed in the universities, defamed by The New York Times and CNN, and now maligned in the U.S. Congress.
We believe the community needs strong leadership to respond effectively to the rise in Jew-hatred. For an in-depth analysis of the failures of Jewish leadership, please read Dr. Charles Jacobs’ and Avi Goldwasser’s December 23, 2019, Algemeiner op-ed here.
We propose a “10-Point Program” — as a roadmap, a starting point for a community discussion to mobilize and fight back against the assaults we face.
We intend this as a way to start a national Jewish conversation. You can help us launch it:
- Please disseminate and discuss this with your contacts, friends, and family.
- Please urge local and national Jewish leaders — including rabbis, why not your rabbi? — to engage in public discussions on how to respond to the assault on the Jewish community.
- Please join in the discussion — present your ideas, feedback, suggestions — on our Facebook page.
- Finally — remember: these recommendations are not written in stone. They can be debated, altered and tailored to local communities.
10-Point Program: Mobilizing the Community to Fight Back
- Declare a state of urgency: Signal the seriousness of the situation by making a public declaration that the Jewish community has been under assault and will no longer tolerate demonization of Jews which has always resulted in the murder of Jews.
- Increase physical security to protect the community. We need deterrents, as police response is sometimes late and insufficient. We need to change the risk/reward ratio for those who would assault us. These should include increased police presence, neighborhood security patrols, facilitation of legal gun ownership, and holding public officials accountable for indifference or willful inaction to confront Jew-hatred.
- Reprioritize Jewish communal resources. As the sanctity of life is the highest Jewish value, allocate more resources for the defense of the Jewish community and less for projects of social justice. This will require enlisting local leaders, especially rabbis, to shift their focus from “social justice” to “Jewish lives matter.”
- Educate the community and the public about the nature and sources of Jew-hatred. For too long Jew-hatred has been distorted for political or ideological purposes by attempts to universalize it to the meaningless abstraction of “hate” in general. Hatred is part of human nature and will always exist. Like all hatred, Jew-hatred is in large measure based on envy and resentment and the tendency to blame others for the haters’ failures and inadequacies. Jew-hatred has always been aimed at the elimination of Judaism (forced conversion), or of Jews (the Final Solution), or of the Jewish State (anti-Zionism). Jew-hatred is promoted by lies and demonization, propelled by class warfare and now by identity politics.
- Educate the public about our narrative and our struggle to counter Jew-hatred. We need to update the Zionist narrative by including and emphasizing the history of Mizrahi Jews, their oppression and expulsion from Arab countries, and the related history of Islamic Jew-hatred. We cannot let Arab oil money and Marxist ideology dominate our high school and university curriculum about the Middle East conflict.
- Rethink Holocaust education, which is necessary but insufficient, and has become less effective as it has become universalized. Its lessons are not correctly identified. We need to implement mandatory sensitivity-training about Jews in schools, universities, government organizations as well as in private sector settings. Jews need to be a protected class. We need to launch PR campaigns to promote our narrative, enlisting Hollywood in this effort.
- Expose and deconstruct the social theories and rhetorical methods that result in the demonization of Jews, especially the post-modern view of the truth, moral relativism, intersectionality, and “diversity” that excludes Jews. Jew-hatred has always been based on lies. We have to fight the lies and liars, including those who use double standards and hypocrisy as political strategies.
- Expose and counter the threat of importing genocidal Jew-hatred from certain cultures. The vetting of immigrants about their beliefs concerning Jews must be a priority for the community. Political correctness and false historical analogies must not continue to blind us.
- Restructure Jewish education (and make it affordable) with an increased emphasis on Jewish pride, Jewish identity and the centrality and importance of Jewish peoplehood (Israel); Inoculate our young people, who are currently being hijacked by utopian cults and simplistic solutions to the human condition.
- Build alliances based on mutual interests and honest reciprocity, not virtue-signaling. Too often Jewish leaders engage in asymmetrical relationships. Jewish support has not been reciprocated. We need to reach out to alienated, neglected working-class Americans of all races; and build alliances with other victims of the Progressive-Islamist alliance including conservatives, Christians, and especially diaspora Christian communities from Egypt, Lebanon, Nigeria, and Sudan.
The Jewish community has enormous talents and significant resources which have often been used to benefit America and the world. We now need to direct the energy and inventiveness of the community to fight the epidemic of hate that is plaguing our community.
NB: This is an effort initiated by APT and Rabbi Aryeh Spero’s Conference of Jewish Affairs. As of now, have been joined by the Conference of Jewish Affairs (CJA), Boston’s Russian Jewish Community Foundation (RJCF), the Jewish American Affairs Committee of Indiana (JAACI), New Hampshire 4 Israel, the Rhode Island Coalition for Israel (RICI), and the Michigan Jewish Action Council (MJAC).
We are placing the text of this strategy as an ad in Jewish publications across the country. Click here to download a copy of the latest version of the ad.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
AS PER THE INSANITY PREVALENT WITHIN COUNTLESS “TOUCHY-FEELY”, LEFTIST-BENT JEWISH COMMUNAL ORGS, LOOK NO FURTHER THAN TO THE FEDERATIONS ACROSS AMERICA AND THEIR MULTICULTURAL, PSYCHOTIC PRIORITIES —
INDEED, THE OUTGROWTH OF THE DELUSIONS OF A PEOPLE UNDER SIEGE; A SICKNESS UNTO ITSELF!
TO WIT, THE TIME FOR ACTION IS — NOW!!
- This message contains content that has been blocked by our security systems.
- If you think you’re seeing this by mistake, please let us know. Yes, additional “proof-in-the pudding” as to why “BANNED: How Facebook Enables Militant Islamic Jihad” had to be written!}